In this article we will discussed how dehumidifier can help to combat allergies which caused by high humidity. Some of the common symptoms to identify high humidity in your homes are damp wall, wet floor, bad smell from cloths are carpets, pilling of wall paints and wallpaper, condensation of window glasses etc. If you notice this symptoms then it is need of hour to find good dehumidifiers to keep humidity level in proper limit in your apartment. Because high humid houses are paradise for development of mold and fungus. Also high humidity is main cause to develop bugs and insect. These mold, fungus, bites and bugs can cause many type of allergies. According to United State Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), high humidity at houses is one of the major reason for growing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Hence you need dehumidifier for efficient dehumidification at your homes.
Need of Dehumidifiers. Disadvantage of high humidity.
As mentioned before high humidity give rise to development of mold, fungus, insect, bugs and bites. Mold and fungus spore enters into our respiratory system along with breathing and causes many allergies and health issues. Dehumidifiers reduces humidity at your homes and creates dry weather which is undesirable condition for development of mold and fungus. Breathing problem, Asthma are common problems due to high humidity. Mold allergies symptoms includes following:
- Shortness of breath, chronic cough or sinus congestion.
- Headache, light sensitivity.
- Itchy, Watery Eyes, red eyes and blurred vision.
- Unusual skin sensations, tingling and numbness.
- Fatigue and Weakness.
- Increase in urinary frequency and increase in thirst.
- Morning stiffness and joint pains.
- Tearing, disorientation, metallic taste in mouth.
- Static shock, poor concentration, poor memory etc.
It is very important to use combating methods to remove molds and fungus. Choosing right type of dehumidification system will help to get rid of all above issues. There are different type of dehumidifying units available in market. You need to follow dehumidifier calculation chart to select right size of dehumidifier.
How to reduce humidity? (Dehumidification methods)
- First and far most important to use dehumidifier at your home.
- Use hygrometer to monitor humidity level at your home. Many good dehumidifyer are provided with built in hygrostat which continuously show current humidity level on its panel.
- Always use exhaust fans of open windows of bathroom after taking hot water shower to avoid humidity to enter into home.
- Keep your AC duct and unit clean to avoid development of mold and recirculation.
Above preventive methods will certainly help to combat high humidity. Quickest and most affective method is to use dehumidifier. For home applications generally mechanical type units which works on condensation principle is recommended. Dehumidifiers ratings should be selected properly so that it should not underrated for your home size. If you have basement at home then it should be keep at low humidity level with help of large dehumidifiers.