Boat dehumidifier is must-have equipment for yacht and marine use. During winter, the temperature gets drops, and humidity increases. Thus, a marine dehumidifier should use to protect your boat. CtrlTech offers the best boat dehumidifier in Dubai. Also, many marine applications need a low humidity environment. Yacht dehumidifier for shipbuilding industries used. Caravan and RVs need protection from high humidity during winter.
A marine dehumidifier can use to counter the effect of humidity in the marine industry. Growth in the maritime sectors of any country reflects its prosperity. It is a healthy sign of development in countries trading industries. And if high humidity is becoming a hurdle in the growth, then it should take care. And an efficient boat dehumidifier can your reliable tool.
Marine industries will always be in the vicinity of salty water. Ship during the voyage and construction exposed to high humid air. Metal and costly marine electronics need to protected with boat dehumidifiers. Here, we will help you understand why dehumidifiers required for the boat, RVs & marine?
Why Boat Dehumidifier?
Boat, yacht, RVs, and Caravan are very dear to most of their owner. It is more than a piece fo machine to most of them. The costly interior is an integral part of a luxury yacht. Boat and yacht always exposed to salty water and hence vapors. When it sails in water or when parked, humid air enters into it. Since boats have tiny spaces, this humidity gets tramped. And need to remove with the help of a boat dehumidifier.
During winter, when the temperature is low, humidity trapped inside boats get condensed. Yacht fitted with equipment, fixture, electronics, and gadget. Thus, condensation can damage these fittings. More than during sailing, moisture can hamper boats when it parked. This statement is true for Caravan and RVs.
It required to install a yacht dehumidifier and run it for a few hours during winter. Most of the dehumidification system designed for boats has automatic operations. It means, once the user sets the required humidity level, it will turn on or off itself as per set humidity level.
One of the fasted ways of transporting goods is maritime shipping. It is the cheapest mode of transporting goods from one part of the world to another. Likewise, manufacturing, large seaports are crucial for the export-based economy. One of the vital catalysts in the rapid growth of China was its maritime industry. They created an efficient, cheap, and reliable marine transport. In other words, the marine industry became the backbone of every economy. Hence, a marine dehumidifier should use to protect ships from high moisture. Boat dehumidifier systems can apply for the following activities.
Boat dehumidifier for ship washing.
Whenever cargo ships transport goods, then it needs to clean. Hence at destination port after unloading of cargo ship get washed. During winter, then the drying of these ship takes more time. As a result, it can cause commercial losses. Besides, the humidity level inside the washed vessel gets increased. High moisture can damage the ship with corrosion. Hence, boat dehumidifier should use to dry the boat.
Humidity sensitive cargo.
Most of the special cargos need low humidity during the transition period. Boat storage dehumidifier generally used to avoid condensation. For example, drugs need low humidity storage during transportation. If the container gets cold, then moist air inside cargo can get condensed.
Sea Freight always exposed to a humid environment. Hence, there is a high possibility of more humidity in the boat storage area. This high moisture can condense into physical water. This condensation water can damage cargo. Point to note that, tobacco, chemical, and drug cargo needs boat dehumidifier.
Marine dehumidifier and Navigation system.
Several electronics fitted inside a vessel. This gadget is sensitive to humidity. Failure in the navigation system can stall the boat middle of the sea. Above all, the safety of humans is paramount. High moisture can change readings of sensors. For example, it recommended having a marine dehumidifier in the deck. To clarify, the ship deck fitted with many meters.
A pump room of the ship should have a durable dehumidifier. It is always a high humid area inside a boat.
Luxury yacht dehumidifier.
Charming cabins are USPs of any yacht or luxury cruise. Distinguished guests and tourists pay for it. The intake of high humid air in rooms can spoil the party. Hence for cabins, boat dehumidifiers should install.
Yacht and cruise fitted with wood and painting. High moisture can cause damage costly interior of a boat.
The yacht is all about luxury and a good time. Hence, cruise companies spend millions of dollars on yacht dehumidifiers.
Dehumidifiers for boat maintenance.
Ships, boats, and yacht need regular maintenance. Especially, maintenance of the oil storage tank. During maintenance, it goes through sandblasting, coating, and painting. During this process, 100% outside fresh air needed. If this air contains humidity, then it will affect the paint. Also, it can cause corrosion. To avoid it, outside fresh air passed through marine dehumidifiers. These are the desiccant based dehumidification system.
Features that Boat Dehumidifier should have.
Marine dehumidification equipment should have the following features:
- Light Weight; Dehumidifier should have lightweight for easy transportation.
- Compact Size; Deck and cabins always tiny in size. Thus, a dehumidifier should have a compact possible.
- Wheel; Portable dehumidifiers should not use in boats. If at all, it should have lockable wheels. It will avoid wheels since it can move during shock due to voyage.
- Autostart on power outage; Dehumidifier stops where there are power glitches. But it must autostart when power gets restored. It should not need any manual reset.
- Energy Efficient; Ships equipped with limited power capacity. Hence boat dehumidifier should be energy efficient.
- Condensate pump; Dehumidifier should have the facility to connect the hose pipe. The built-in drainage pump will help to push water at a high level.
- Corrosion proof; Marine equipment always exposed to dry and humid air. Dehumidifier body casing made up of stainless steel. Evaporative and condenser coil should have a copper pipe. It is a crucial aspect to avoid corrosion.
- Handle and fixing; Marine dehumidifier should have a handle on for carrying. It must readymade attached to the ceiling or the wall.
Types of Marine dehumidifiers.
Boat dehumidifiers are of two types—classification based on the technology behind dehumidification. Let’s discuss these two categories.
It is consists of the silica gel base over which humid air passed. Silica gel has a natural tendency to absorb humidity from the air. Some of the features are as follow:
- It is easy to install.
- This type of boat dehumidifier can work both; at low and high temperatures.
- Unit needs outside dry air as the process in to dry silica gel base.
- These are expensive machines.
- Dry air delivered by these machines might be hot.
These type of yacht dehumidifier work on condensation principle. To condense air at the dew point, it needs a refrigeration circuit. So, it fitted with compress, evaporator, and condenser. Humid air passed over the evaporator to convert moisture into water. This water then gets collected in a container.
- These units are very cheap.
- It can’t work at low temperatures. Ice will form on its coil at low temperatures.
- Most of the refrigerant dehumidifiers are portable. It is not suitable for a yacht.
Best Boat Dehumidifier ASE 300.
It is an absorption dehumidifier with a silica gel rotor. It complies with all characteristics of an ideal boat dehumidifier. ASE 300 unit is very light and with a stainless steel casing. Single fan for process and regenerative air makes it energy efficient. A typical application of ASE 300 is for a yacht. It also uses for drying and ventilation of the basement.
Features of ASE yacht dehumidifier.
- The unit fitted with a hygrometer to set the required humidity level.
- It fitted with an operating hour counter. This counter helps to calculate the operating cost.
- ASE unit has a radial fan unit. As a result, this machine becomes energy efficient.
- Carrying handle made up by rubber.
- Maintenance is easy. Above all, the rotor easy to removed and clean.
- The integrated silencer unit makes the unit quite. Hence, it suitable for a luxury yacht.
- The filter provided at the process air inlet.
- Four rubber bumpers provided at the bottom.
- PTC heating element make it safer.
In conclusion, ASE 300 is the best boat dehumidifier for a yacht.
ASE Dehumidifier for boat storage specifications.
- Model Name; ASE 300
- Dehumidifying capacity at 20°C / 60% r.h.; 25.7 kg/d.
- Voltage and Frequency; 230 V / 50 Hz
- Power consumption; 1040 W (nominal)
- Liter per kWh; 1.05 l/kWh.
Check best dehumidifiers in Saudi Arabia, dehumidifiers in Qatar, dehumidifiers in Oman, dehumidifiers in Kuwait, dehumidifiers in Abu Dhabi, dehumidifiers in Dubai. etc, contact CtrlTech at At +971 50 1537113 or +971 6 5489626
FAQs About Boat Dehumidifier:
How do you keep moisture out of boat compartments?
One of the easy options to avoid moisture out of the boat is to keep it ventilated. Open the window, which allows pushing humid air outside the yacht. Do not set low AC temperature inside the compartment. And if possible, install a boat dehumidifier to dry our boat.
Why a boat dehumidifier required?
Boats and yachts are subject to humid air from the sea continuously. This moisture can get trapped in the crawl places of the ship. When the surrounding temperature is low, this trapped moisture gets condense inside, damaging the boat and equipment. It is especially very harmful to electronics and navigation equipment. Besides, it creates a horrible smell and hampers hygiene due to the formation of mold. Thus, we need an efficient mini dehumidifier to dry boat, yacht, and RVs.
How to buy a dehumidifier for a boat?
An ideal boat dehumidifier should have the following features:
- It should be lightweight.
- Also, it should be compact due to space limitations in a yacht.
- Dehumidifier casing should be corrosion-proof to withstand salty & humid sea air.
- If you want to fix it permanently, then make sure it has hinges to hang. Or should have a handle to carry it easily.
- Most importantly, it should be energy efficient.
- It should be auto restart when the power outage gets restore.
How do I keep moisture out of my boat in the winter?
Indeed, you need a dehumidifier to dry your boat before packing it for winter. Remove curtains, fabric, and leather items and store them in your garage. After that, clean the boat and run a dehumidifier to remove moisture from the boat. Place desiccant bags in crawl places. Cover the yacht with a good quality cover.
Which is the best boat dehumidifier?
Check for ASE 300 desiccant dehumidifier. It is compact, lightweight, and had a carry handle. It can work in cold winters too. Users can select the required humidity, and it is easy to maintain.
What is a marine dehumidifier?
As its name suggests, this dehumidification system is specially designed for marine application. It has a corrosive resistant casing and explosion-proof. During the washing of ships and containers, a dehumidifier needed to dry it as quickly as possible to avoid rusting. Also, a marine dehumidifier helps to maintain humidity while sailing moisture sensitive cargo.